The 59th Annual General Meeting of the Tofino Consumers Co-operative Association was held Wednesday June 10th at the Wickaninnish School. The meeting was attended by 36 Members and 6 Guests. Members received reports from President Jim Striegel (President & FCL) and General Manager Michael Tomilin (General Manager & Annual Fiscal Report).
Some highlights of the reports included:
- Record Sales of $18.4 Million
- Member Patronage allocation of 5%
- Net Savings of $964,795 (5.2%)
- Federated Co-operative Sales of $10.8 Billion & Savings of $655 Million
- Tofino Co-op Assets of $11,745,520
- Food Store Expansion Loan completely paid off
- 2,638 Active Purchasing Members
Judy Michaud & Rosemarie Tranfield were re-elected (3 year terms) to the Board of Directors.
Tofino Consumers Co-operative is one of 212 autonomous Retail Co-operatives in the Federated Co-operatives Limited (CRS) system and was incorporated in 1956.
President Jim Striegel Addressing Members At The 59th Annual General Meeting